Thank you to everyone who participated in the Ohio Welcomes the Sisters’ Centennial Motorcycle Ride event that took place on July 8 & 9, 2016. Thanks to all the local riders who registered we were able to donate $250 to Final Salute and $250 to the AMA Hall of Fame Museum. To see event photos please check out our Facebook pages HERE.
Here are the original details regarding the event.
The Ohio and surrounding area motorcycle community will be instrumental in making the Ohio stop of the Sisters’ Centennial Motorcycle Ride a memorable experience. This event is open to the public. Ladies and gentlemen, riding and non-riding, are invited to make this once-in-a-hundred-years event a must-do this summer within the great state of Ohio.
Events are RAIN OR SHINE. :: The Sisters’ riders will continue rain or shine so we will too!
Please Note: Riders already registered with the Sisters’ Ride do not have to register separately for the following events, as these are included with your registration package.
A weekend like this needs a lot of great information! Scroll down or click the links for more details.
(All is included for coast to coast riders.)
- Friday, July 8 :: Museum Mingle
- Saturday, July 9 :: Sisters’ Ride to VMD
- Calling All Clubs :: Women and Women Friendly
- Volunteers Needed
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Ohio Event Contact
FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2016 :: Museum Mingle
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Check-in
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Sisters’ riders begin arriving
- 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Museum Mingle featuring emcee Erin Sills
Cost: $30 per person (Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.)
Your registration guarantees:
- Exciting celebration of the Sisters’ arrival
- Evening access to entire museum and their exhibits
- Meet & Greet with the Sisters’ riders and members of the Van Buren Family
- Pizza Party featuring local pizzerias
- Networking opportunity with club representatives and local riders
- Donation to the event charities
SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2016 :: Sisters’ Ride to VMD presented by MOTOHIO
- 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. – Rider Check-in and Staging
- 8:15 a.m. – Rider’s meeting
- 8:45 a.m. – First group departs
- 10:30 a.m. – Last group to arrive at Mid-Ohio
- 11:00 a.m. – Lap of History** (Weather pending. Additional fee.)
- Enjoy the rest of your day experiencing all VMD has to offer! Feel free to depart at your convenience.
Cost: $30 per person (Pre-registration is required for this ride.)
- Organized group ride one-way to Mid-Ohio (Ride will not return to starting location.)
- Saturday only entry into Vintage Motorcycle Days (VMD) (Please note: You must check-in to receive your VMD passes. Registering with us is not a confirmation to Mid-Ohio or AMA that you have purchased a ticket.)
- Infield parking with the Sisters’ riders
- Donut / snacks and coffee breakfast
- Donation to the event charities
**This features will be managed by AMA and Mid-Ohio and will require an additional $5 to be paid on site at Mid-Ohio. Please bring cash.
CALLING ALL CLUBS :: WOMEN and WOMEN FRIENDLY
We believe this event will be even more successful with you there promoting your wonderful organization. There are several ways to become more involved, such as:
- Spread the word on social media and with friends
- Download and print our Ohio event flier and take to local dealerships
- Register for one or both of the events
- Volunteer for one or both of the events
- Bring literature to either or both events to share, network and recruit riders
- Donate a themed gift basket to raffle from your club on Friday :: Ideas are limited to your imagination. Some suggestions include: Buckeye Bash (all things Buckeye state), Local Love (all things local), Party for Two (collection of things for two people)
- Sponsor a rider or two (buy their dinner)
- Lead a small group to Mid-Ohio
Please contact SistersRideOhio@gmail.com with any questions, comments, suggestions.
Due to the incredible amount of coordination needed for this event, no refunds will be issued after June 8 @ 11:59 p.m. A refund, less processing fees, will be returned prior to that date and time if requested. If you are unable to attend, we will thank you kindly for the awesome donation to our fundraising efforts. If you ordered an event shirt, we’ll be more than happy to send it to you for a small fee to cover shipping.
LET’S GET YOU REGISTERED
Optional purchases include:
- Dinner’s On Me! (Rider Sponsor) = $15 each :: Pick up the Friday evening dinner tab for one (or more) of the Sisters’ rider(s) and we’ll recognize your contribution during Friday’s event activities.
- Donation = $1 or $5 we’ll be very thankful for any donations you may provide.
Would you or your club like to become more involved? We’re looking for volunteers! Please contact us to express interest. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Set-up / tear down
- Parking guides
- Food coordinator (on site)
- Ride leaders (experienced riders only, may be male or female)
- Ride scouts
- Rider staging attendants
- Other duties as needed
This event is designed for local and regional riders to celebrate the arrival of the Sisters’ Centennial Motorcycle Ride to the great state of Ohio. Your exposure will reach both local and global audience that will be tuning in for the Sisters’ cross country adventure. Do not miss your chance to celebrate with us!
Sponsorship options include, but are not limited to:
- Presenting :: Friday Museum Mingle
- Food sponsor
- Product donations
- Another suggestion? Let us know!
Benefits received for supporting this event include, but is not limited to:
- Targeted promotion to local riders and clubs
- Global exposure to riders and clubs across the country and world
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) tagging and promotion
- Logo and links on “Ohio Welcomes” event page on official website and Facebook event pages
- Press releases
- Logo on all local advertisements
- Thank you shout out at event
OHIO EVENT CONTACT
For all Ohio event inquires, including sponsorship and volunteering, please contact:
- Event Coordinator: Stephani McIntyre
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 614-499-3591
Stephani McIntyre fell in love with riding motorcycles during her time as a U.S. Army soldier. Not only is she a military veteran, but also a veteran rider who began riding in 1998.
When Stephani returned to Columbus, she continued her passion for riding and developed a deeper love for Ohio by traversing the amazing roads the state has to offer and also graduating from The Ohio State University. In addition to her eight years in the motorcycle industry administering racing events, she co-founded the Women’s Sportbike Rally in 2006, an annual event that continues today.
Stephani currently lives and works in downtown Columbus. Her stable includes a 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 and a 2006 TGB 50cc Scooter (a daily work commuter).