Springfield, MA, Welcomes the Sisters’ Centennial Motorcycle Ride – July 4 & 5, 2016
The Springfield events will include two great opportunities to meet with the Sisters’ riders and the Van Buren family. The event will also raise funds for Final Salute and the Women’s Coalition of Motorcyclists.
This Event is Specially Presented By:
MONDAY, JULY 4, 2016 :: Rider Registration, Briefings, Dinner, Music and Fireworks (included for coast to coast riders)
Event Location: La Quinta Hotel, 100 Congress Street, Springfield, MA, Phone/ 413-781-0900
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Check-in
- 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. – Riders Meeting
(Mandatory for coast to coast riders)
- 7:00 – 11:00 p.m. – Dinner, Entertainment & Fireworks (Open to the Public) La Quinta Hotel, Ballroom, 100 Congress Street, Springfield, MA Phone/ 413-781-0900
Cost: $55 per person (Pre-registration required.) Deadline to register is July 2, 2016.
Registration features food, fun and funding great causes. Event fee includes:
- Meet & Greet with the Sisters’ riders and members of the Van Buren Family
- Dinner, Entertainment & Fireworks
- Donation to the event charities
CLICK HERE to register!
TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2016 :: Opening Ceremonies, Self-Guided Tours of the Springfield Museums Collections including Indian Motorcycles, Sculpture Garden, then a Westover Airforce Base Tour (included for coast to coast riders)
Location: Springfield Museums, 21 Edwards St, Springfield MA 01103
- 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. – Arrive at Lyman & Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History [Museum security will be outside to facilitate parking on the lawn across from the museum and in the side lot (if needed). ]
- 10:00 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies Begin:
- Welcome- Alisa Clickenger
- Words from the Van Buren Family
- Welcome from Indian Motorcycle
- Presentation- Museum Curator Guy McLain
- 10:45 a.m. – Self-guided tours of the Transportation Museum and The Lyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History. Pick up box lunch from onsite catering, eat at leisure on the grounds (pre-order required by June 30th) if you do not want to stand in line)
- 1:30 p.m. – Kickstands Up (Remember to pick up your box lunches if you pre-ordered).
- 2:00 p.m. – Arrival at Westover AFB (Pre-registration and pre-screening is required. Note that this Westover AFB event is ONLY for coast to coast riders and not open to the general public.)
- Line up along Westover Road so that all may enter the base together. Tour of base and group photos to follow.
- 4:00 p.m. – Estimated departure time from Westover AFB
- Dinner buffet at the LaQuinta Hotel or Dinner On Your Own
CLICK HERE to register!
CALLING ALL CLUBS :: WOMEN and WOMEN-FRIENDLY
Are you a member of a club dedicated to lady riders? Or a club with female membership? Are you looking for a great opportunity to promote your club and network with other local riders? We want to personally invite you to the Monday, July 4th Party to share information and mingle with our coast to coast riders.
Due to the incredible amount of coordination needed for this event, no refunds will be issued but you can pass your ticket along to someone else.
SPRINGFIELD EVENT CONTACT
For all Springfield event inquires, including sponsorship and volunteering, please contact:
- Event Coordinator: Alisa Clickenger
- Email: Alisa@WomensMotorcycleTours.com